It’s not usually the thing to start a Top 10 list with number 1, but I think my main cover photo here gives it away! Momerology loves the LEAVES! From the colors to the smell to their snowing down en masse.
But there’s so much about autumn we love, right? We talked about one blogger’s list on AMHQ, and I found myself saying, “Oooo, yeah! Me, too!” How about you? Here’s the list via Fairfield County Moms Blog (out of CT).
OK, time for my list…
10. The WEATHER! This could have been number 1 for me, too. The cooler days and nights, lower humidity, I love ALL of it. I even love the countdown to the first snowflake (yes, I’m one of THOSE people. See #3)
9. The HOLIDAYS! Halloween, Thanksgiving. Need I say more?
8. PUMPKINS! From picking to carving, to roasting the seeds. And, of course, pumpkin-flavored everything. It’s all good in my book!
7. FOOTBALL! I enjoy an NFL game enough, but my love is more of the high school and college ball scene from days of yore, if you will. Nothing beats a marching band at half-time! And I’ll go a step further and add in futbol…as in soccer. Soccer was always a fall sport to me growing up. Love it! And so do my boys ☺
6. The PHOTO OPS! As a wannabe photographer, all you really need to do is point and click and you have a great shot this time of year. The lighting, with the lower sun angles, takes just about every picture up a notch. Think of those beautiful autumn sunrises and sunsets. The best!
5. The CLOTHES! I don’t mind changing up short sleeves and flip flops for sweaters and boots!
4. The only thing I like more than pumpkins in fall: The APPLES! It was a family tradition to go apple picking every year. Boy did I love my mom’s apple pie! Mmmmm….
3. The COUNTDOWN TO WINTER! I’m OK with being in the minority on this one: I love a cold, blustery, cloudy winter day! Not to rush away fall, but I love the shorter days. I’m a bit of a homebody, so being curled up with a blanket, fire roaring, looking out the window can be a small piece of heaven to me. Perhaps I can say this because I live in Atlanta now; winter weather may mean one nasty ice storm and that’s it. 🙂
2. The BIRTHDAYS! This is highly specific to me, but I know and love A TON of people who have birthdays in the fall. I love celebrating the day they were born for what seems like all autumn-long.
1. The FOLIAGE! From the first hint of change, to the peak of perfection, even the eventual laborious task of getting them off thelawn, leaves and the colors they show are definitely #1!